Gooey, decadent chocolate fudge brownies. These are also an ideal baking activity to make with the little ones - or for older kids to try to make on their own.
The nuts are completely optional (I find that walnuts add to the fantastic texture and crunch). These brownies can be served either hot or cold, with ice-cream or cream. An easy, simple and classic chocolate fudge brownie recipe that is a fail-safe with any crowd. We know that there are many brownies recipes out there... but trust me - this one's a definite winner.
They freeze nicely too… if you can restrain yourself!
Ingredients: (makes approx 12 servings)
- 125g butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 30g butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Chocolate Fudge Brownies Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (350 degrees fahrenheit).
- First start with the Brownie Base Ingredients: Melt butter in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the sugar, then the beaten eggs, stirring thoroughly.
- Add the vanilla, flour and cocoa (along with any nuts you’re using).
- Pour into a greased/lined baking tin and bake for approx 20 minutes until cooked through
- To make the frosting, melt the butter in a saucepan and add the other ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Spread this frosting over the top of the brownies whilst in the tray and cut into squares.
- Serve with cream or ice-cream- hot or cold.
Share this post
- Tags: Baking Happy Active Kids